Tuesday, March 17, 2015

From The Sports Desk – Video Catch-Up Edition

A whole lot of basketball links for any who are interested:

Williamston

New Picture (32)

St. Johns

New Picture (33)

Didn’t talk about this earlier but I remembered as I watched the video……this ref did a crappy job.  Matthew got absolutely hacked and hammered and no calls…that’s not good when the other team is larger than you at almost every position.   The topper was the ref took exception that Matthew complained about it…and called him out to the middle of the floor and said ‘no more’. 

Now, Matthew shouldn’t have said anything.  But I’ve seen this ref enough over the years to know that he’s a total tool. 

Mason

New Picture (34)

The best part about playing Mason is that his buddy Zane is on this team…..and Matthew completely owned Zane during the game.  This is the first of three times I have on tape where Matthew takes the ball away from Zane and drives down the court for points. 

Okemos

New Picture (35)

Watching all the video I have to give the boy credit; when he had the chance he took the ball to the rack….and more often than not converted.

One last thing of note:  Matthew’s free throw shooting really improved as the season went on……I edit out the misses but trust me there weren’t many.  And he was just ‘swishing’ them that last day in Charlotte.