Monday, May 11, 2015

Kevin’s Bands of the Week

Kevin and I traded Bands of the Week for most of his first year away.  I wanted to take the time to go back and document some of that and, more importantly, remember what I liked so that I could add it our library.  And listen to bands I’ve forgotten one more time before leaving them behind.

Francis and The Lights – I liked this

Woodkid – Really like this; Baltimore’s Fireflies might be one of the best songs I’ve heard this year!

Goldfish – I don’t remember them so I must not have liked them.

Noisettes – Liked this

Hozier – Kevin suggested this way before his album came out; I made him wait for me to listen to it until the album came out.  Liked it, but, the song is way overplayed now.

Lindsey Stirling – Liked this so much I was going to go see them in concert with Kevin.   Missed it to get to Pittsburgh….

I gave him Sleeper Agent; I need to go back and listen to them again (I’ve given him other things but they aren’t new and aren’t worth mentioning here)

Crystal Fighters – Dad says “Do not like.  Listened to three songs.  Moving on.”

Tunng – Need to listen to this again since I have completely forgotten them.

Zeus – I gave this to Kevin and the albums are on Amazon Prime; this is more of a reminder for me to go buy them.

Electric Guest – From Kevin; I liked it but can’t remember it at all right now.

Florrie – I can’t find my comments about them; must have told Kevin on the phone.  Don’t remember them so that must not be good.

One Direction – Kevin has several texts telling me I’ll really like the new 1D album because it is 70s/80s inspired.  I never did listen to it.  BECAUSE IT IS 1D!

The Hoosiers – I liked them but can’t remember them right now to save my life.

LP – Again, I need to listen to this again.  Just can’t remember it.

Yuna – Liked this; will need to purchase it

twinsmith – This is a recent me-to-Kevin band and they only have one song out BUT Kevin and I both like it so we’ll have to scout the album out soon

I forgot Kevin and I also traded some bands on Facebook Messenger

Garfunkel & Oates – I still think I’ll burn in hell for listening to the one song BUT it was pretty funny.  Not a big fan of everything else.  Kevin went and saw them in concert last Fall.