Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cloverfield

Kevin and I went to the movies last night; he's been asking to go see Cloverfield for a month. So, yesterday, as a 'reward' to consenting to having a jaw expander placed in his mouth (more on that later!), we went.

6:20 showing, 3-4 weeks after movie open. We're walking in and I ask Kevin how many people he thinks will be in the theatre, he says 8. I take the under.

Turns out we're the only 2 watching. Which let Kevin and I act up in the theatre.

Movie review: Good, not great. Movie was really boring in the beginning (Kevin and I were yelling at the screen "We want the monster!"). Scary at parts (at one point I was grabbing and tickling Kevin as the little monsters attacked) and the ending wasn't much of an ending at all (to the best of my knowledge, the monster is still trashing NYNY).

High point of the movie happened before the movie:



Kevin made me feel old...he didn't recognize the ship, or the music, or the phrase, and I had to explain to him it was Star Trek. And tell him that he had no choice, he was going to opening night with me!