Friday, January 17, 2014

Skippy Songs – Part Two

(edit…posted this on June 11, 2013. Today, with Kevin, we heard this song on three of the Top Forty stations that are preset on the van stereo AT THE SAME TIME. The band is on SNL in the next week or two…the song is one of the Top 10 downloads this week. Still like it, but, this is the way to make me grow tired of it.)

Sent this song to Melanie; told her it might be the very definition of a Skippy Song. Found it on a compilation disk I downloaded and about the second time I heard it I realized I really liked it…..like everything else I’ve heard by the band too…

New-Picture-112

Melanie responds “Oh geez. that was a skippy song in the first 20 seconds…..it's a good song. good band name too.”

The tipping point that made me decide to throw this information up here happened yesterday; the song is playing while I’m working and Kevin walks up and goes “Hey, I like this…who is this?”

E-e-o-e-o E-e-o-e-o!