Sunday, May 11, 2014

Channeling John Stewart

Had to hurry back from my trip to Illinois last week; I had to accompany Kevin and Drew to a concert.  Tickets were part of Kevin’s Christmas last year.  Getting home in time was a challenge; a 3-hour delay in Evansville, IN will do that!

But I made it, and we made it to Ann Arbor for the 8:00 start at the Ark.  And I had heard songs my the main act before, but, at some point during the opening act, I had this huge “Wow, this is the folk-iest concert I’ve ever been too moment”. 

To be perfectly clear here…this was Kevin asking to go to this concert, not me pushing him this way.  We did have quite a discussion about Skippy Songs on the way too and from Drew’s house (he was telling me a song he was playing was…but, it was not, and I had to explain to him what made a Skippy song and what didn’t.  Maybe a post for some other time.)

Opening act – one guy, a guitar, and a microphone.  Six songs, one with a harmonica as well.

Main act – two guys, two guitars, and one microphone.

Ended up shelling out for all of Brian Wright’s albums; already had everything by the Milk Carton Kids.

If you are curious, a click on a photo will take you to youtube

New Picture (3)

Brian Wright – We Don’t Live There

  New Picture (2)

Milk Carton Kids - Michigan