Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring Break 2015 – Post #2

The last day in Florida had us taking it easy….a trip to The Track for some go-karting and mini-golf and cleaning up and packing before we head out Friday early.

 IMG_0563

The boys were not happy that I was going to bring the GoPro and even more unhappy to see that I was going to wear it on my head.  Begged me not to do it. Said I would look like a dork.  I always look like a dork, their words fell on deaf ears!  Click on either of the next pictures for the video.

New Picture (2) 

But when they saw the video afterwards they were glad I did!  This is from the first race; Matthew is behind me and I’m out to swerve through this family and Matthew said later that he was like “Damn Dad!”   I ended up slowing down so he could pass me later on and I could get some video of him….

New Picture (3)

In the second race there was no need to slow down….my cart was a dog!  I could not power up the hill and Matthew passed me instantly laughing at what I was saying (“Oh No”) and laughing that he was leaving me in the dust…..

Christopher was out here but both times ended up too far away from Matthew and I to get any kind of video of him.  Oh well.

Friday had us driving up into Georgia to visit the Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary.  This was a Christopher request; sort of a payback for suffering through wrestling.

2015-04-Noah01      2015-04-Noah02

 2015-04-Noah03      2015-04-Noah04

 2015-04-Noah05      2015-04-Noah06

 2015-04-Noah07      2015-04-Noah08

 2015-04-Noah09      2015-04-Noah10

2015-04-Noah11

Don’t feel like providing descriptions for each photo; suffice it to say we had a good time on our private tour.  The Sanctuary takes in animals abandoned by zoos, circuses, and by people and are world-famous for their BLT, a bear, a lion, and a tiger who were rescued from a drug dealer as cubs and still live and play together today.

Needed to go by Pittsburgh again so decided I’d rather do it driving home than make a trip down from Michigan.  This took us way east…but an unexpected bonus was stopping at the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia.

  IMG_4674

the obligatory panorama….

IMG_4675  IMG_0556(2)

I’m not sure what is going on with the skinny photo there…….

IMG_4673

 IMG_4672

Was a good stop; glad we did it and it allowed the boys to get out of the car for a little bit.  Need to come back here and do some whitewater rafting sometime!