Thursday, March 20, 2008

FF Miles

Last Kitchen post was from Erie International Airport, this Miles post is composed sitting at the Max & Erma's at Detroit Metro watching March Madness.

Guess I should mention that this rant here earned me 5,500 miles in a "we're sorry" email from Northwest. And I didn't rant very much, my email was very similar to the post.....mechanical delays, ok, I understand that, weather delays, that's ok too. A leisurely taxi around Metro to get paperwork; not so much.

So, the work here at CH has me flying more (but, perversely, travelling less), and frequently, those flights are short hop / full coach fares. So, Northwest has promoted me to the world of the 'Elite'. Only Silver right now, but, we're expecting bigger things in the future! Had my first pleasant surprise yesterday morning when I was automatically upgraded into first class (ok, so it's only the Lansing to Detroit 20 minute in the air flight, but, still....).

The latest 'coup' is the Great Race promotion that Northwest is running....you have a captain (me) and your teammates have to be people who have never flown on Northwest before or people who haven't flown in 2 years. So, I had registered for the promotion and included Christopher and Matthew on my team. You only get the points if someone OTHER than the team captain flies, so, I figured I was hosed but signed up anyway...you never know. And then I remember that 'soeur' Melanie was flying the big N to Ohio. So, I bullied her (that's not the right word, the right word is did-everything-but-sit-in-the-seat-and-fly-from-Atlanta-to-Pittsburgh) and she has a new frequent flyer number, and, well, if Melanie can get on the plane and get off the plane, she'll get 3,000 bonus miles, and so will Matthew, Christopher, and myself.

Viva le miles!