Saturday, June 7, 2008

Christopher Artwork 2008


At the end of the school year the children come home with big folders with the large artwork they've completed during the year. The scans below capture the theme, but, not the size, for example, the first picture is only 8"x11" of the actual work, which is more like 11" x 17".

Comments by the artist follow each piece.



"well, um, that's a winter bird, and it's called a cardinal"



"For the vase I folded paper then I got a crayon then I made like this one shape and then cut it and then it looked like a vase. I made the flowers using my finger that I put in yellow paint. I got all these different shades of green for the stems."



"I made apples in a basket which I made. It was not hard to make it."


"This is a robot I made out of paper and special paper. I like his whole body the best."
(editor's note. Christopher wanted to tell me the robot was named Wall-E...)


"This is a scarecrow. It was not hard to make it. It takes glue, scissors, and paper to make it. I even had to make little cuts of paper because the paper inside it looks kind of like straw to me."


"A turtle. I made my turtle out of paper. When I was done with the decoration I had to crumble it up and put it in black water and it just looked like the picture."