Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Futbol – Game 8: The Video

It’s taken me a while to get these up here.  Click on the pictures to get to the video….

Goal Number One:  You can hear the coach call out to the ref to find out if the kick is indirect or direct and then has Matthew take the kick. 

New Picture (3)

 

He nails the kick; it hits the wall and deflects in for the goal.  He (and the team) are lucky that his teammate that was on the goalie didn’t touch the ball (and it was a close thing) because if he had we would have been called for offsides and that would be that.  I’m not sure that his buddy Greg even realized he was offsides; we had a similar play on the other end (where I was standing and filming) and we had to call out to him when he did the exact same thing that he was offsides……

I kept the camera on Matthew after the goal….you can note the excessive celebration.

Goal Number Two:  He did what his coach wants him to do…step in and control the ball, and in this case, take the shot.  Their goalie was out of the goal a long way for some reason, and Matthew made him pay for it.

New Picture (4)

I was surprised that I captured this on tape……I think the next thing I say after I shut off the camera to the guy next to me was “There’s no way I got that”….but I did do a good job of tracking the ball, up to the point where Matthew hit and all the way to the goal.  Yea me.  Totally missed the celebration though…..