Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kitchen Update

Wasn't going to do a kitchen update, since it's been slow, but, SOME people are addicted to kitchen updates, soooooooo...

Here's the sink we've picked out.




We're still trying to decide where to position the faucet. You can see in the one picture that they have it centered in the sink (my vote), but, Suzanne thinks it might be best centered over the drain. We'll see how it works out.

This weekend we need to get all of the cabinets in place and figure out how much filler we need before we move on to the countertop. Received a quote from the local shop....it looks like they'll be about $1000 higher than buying it from Ikea. Of course, that all depends on if we go with that countertop....last night, Suzanne asked "Are we set on the countertop?" which is code words for "I don't know if I'm set on it, will you agree with me so that we can look at other options?". But, I like it. Suzanne thinks a counter top that's either lighter or darker would 'pop' more, provide more of a contrast. I don't disagree, but, I like the color of the chocolate cognac and think that it leaves room for a backsplash that provides some 'pop'.