Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The President's Own

Matthew, Christopher, Kevin and I went to see the United States Marine Band Monday night. The Band tours the country on a regular basis, and, while tickets are free, you do have to request them in advance. We didn't do this at first, but, a very kind coworker did, and she ended up not going, so, I took the boys and went.

And they were really awesome. We sat in the very back row of the balcony section (seating was general admission)....far enough away that I could see the discrepancy between the conductor's downswing and me hearing the beat that would correspond with that. But, the boys liked it and that might be the only time we ever sit there! Matthew fell asleep against me halfway through the 1st part of the program, and Christopher, and even Kevin, was getting restless as the program went on, so, we left at the intermission. But, they were really really good, and the boys liked picking out the different instruments.