Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grand Rapids

GR:  Kevin and I are spending a fun filled three days and two nights in Grand Rapids as he rehearses and then performs with the middle school all state orchestra.  He had a 3-hour rehearsal today, 2 rehearsals tomorrow, and then a rehearsal before the performance Saturday morning.

Kevin is very happy with the experience so far; was pleased to report, at least in his mind, that he was able to play the one piece at the proper pace where most other violas faltered or couldn't. 

Convinced Kevin that, after the rehearsal ended at 5 today, that going to dinner immediately at Fridays was the right move, instead of relaxing in the room for 30 minutes and then going (Kevin's plan).  We walk over, sit immediately, have a nice meal, and as we get up 30-40 minutes later and walk out, we walk past about 100 people trying to get in.....Kevin, I don't think, has acknowledged my brilliance, so, I have to brag about it here.

In the more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same....I notice that Kevin has to shave again, but, was amused/annoyed to see him jumping up and down on the hotel bed as I came out of the bathroom when we got into the room.

Soccer:  Boys lost 6-1 last Sunday to the best team in our league.  They are clearly better than us, but, was disappointed that our boys were accepting that and complaining about it.....I don't care if we lose, but, we should play hard at all times.  We play them again this Saturday, so, hopefully we can move past that and have better effort, which, hopefully, will mean more success.

LRPSC:  Had our 2nd committee meeting yesterday, was pleasantly surprised at the length and breadth of options discussed.  Still don't think there's enough time to give each option its fair shake, but, we'll see about that.  They've added another committee meeting in seeming recognition that the amount of time needed to do a good job isn't matching up well with the plan.

Sunday Night:  I think I might have to seek professional help/medication for future playoff games.....had sweaty palms until well into the 2nd quarter, couldn't eat, etc.  But, I think I'll be able to get through it......    Have made the executive decision that a Super Bowl appearance means I need a new jersey, so, ordered a #56 for home delivery.