Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Travel

As the previous iphone-created post mentioned, I’m in West Palm Beach Florida today and tomorrow doing an environmental assessment.  So, some odds and ends.

Not sure if we’ll be doing much iphone-blogging in the future.  Just wanted to see what it was like.

Delta:  The only sign left of Northwest is on the planes, website, and announcements, and those are going away quick.  The plane I flew from Detroit to West Palm Beach, even though a NW flight, was a Delta plane (don’t know if it was repainted or that way to begin with).

Of course, these things take time, and don’t always work quite right in the, um, transition phrases.  Tonight, go out to nwa.com to check in…they redirect me to delta.com, and it crashes.  Can’t check in (I fly back on a mix of Northwest and Delta flights….so, Northwest wants me to check in on Delta).  So, go to delta.com….and they redirect me to northwest.com, and it crashes.  Oy!  

This Gold World Perks stuff is pretty good….first class all the way down.  Looks like I’m going to be stuck in steerage for one of my three flights tomorrow though.

IMG_0243

Cincinnati

IMG_0245  

flying down the eastern coast of Florida

Food:  Met up with a colleague who flew in from Washington DC; we had a short chance to grab lunch and that first, and only place that we found near the site, to have lunch was the Caribbean Choice Bakery. 

And man, it was the best lunch I’ve had in a while.  Had Jerk Chicken, asked for the small size, and ended up with 1/2 of a chicken with rice and beans that was spicy and awesome and awesome and spicy.

And I think I’m going to go back there for an early dinner before we go home tomorrow.

Home:  Was not looking forward to the heat down here, but, surprisingly, it was overcast, and in the eighties, and there was a nice breeze.  Not so much in Mid-Michigan today, and the irony of that is not lost on me.  Baseball went well; Matthew played first and caught a throw to get an out, Christopher had a hit, etc.  Kevin has track club; ran 3/8 mile uphill 8 times….need to write more about his running this summer at some point.

Boys are at zoo camp….might try to post about the summer camp schedule at some point.  Would like to have them go to Okemos Community Ed more this summer, but, that’s a story for another time.