Monday, November 2, 2009

Flight 1401

Noticed something weird in my frequent flier miles recently; Delta gave me 25,000 extra miles for no reason that I could figure out.

Got a letter today that ‘splains things…..a flight I was on was delayed, and they were giving me those miles as an apology. 

IMG

But I couldn’t, for the life of me, figure out which flight I had been on that had been delayed so much that this would be necessary.  Don’t have any recollection of sitting around in the airport being really pissed off because of airline idiocy…..because I’m not shy about complaining about that type of thing   :)

Turns out, it was this one, my Detroit-Atlanta leg on the way to West Palm Beach…..

New Picture (5)

I do remember this flight; we were late getting into Atlanta and everyone was complaining that all of the other connecting flights were delayed because of the weather.  When we came into land, you couldn’t see the ground until we were about 100 feet off the ground; of course things are going to be screwed up because of that!  Was irked that everyone was bitching about it; look outside at the rain and low clouds people!  Sat around waiting to board the plane for West Palm Beach, and that was the afternoon of balloon boy hysteria; remember watching the balloon spiral through the Colorado sky on Airport-CNN…

But, for 45 minutes late, Delta gave me 25,000 miles!  in the last month, I’ve had at least 5 delays longer than that for various reasons….just don’t understand why this flight got a mea culpa from Delta….

Not that I’m complaining….I’m just saying….