Saturday, November 13, 2010

The downfall of immediate feedback

So, Kevin took some parental abuse last week when his science test showed up online as a C-.  He was stunned; couldn’t understand how that happened.  We were stunned; couldn’t understand how that happened.  A few stern words…let us know what went wrong when you get the test back.  This was on a Friday.

On Monday, Kevin comes home and reports that the teacher screwed up entering the scores in the system…they are fixed now.  All is well.  Apologize to Kevin for the stern words and we move forward.

I was doing my random check on Kevin’s facebook activities and saw that the teacher’s screw-up created a huge discussion there; it made me laugh and I decided I’d save it here.

clip_image005AM

Mr. williamsss, i want to hurt you.

clip_image001RP your just out to get everyone aren't you?

clip_image002MF hey whatd u get on ur science test?

clip_image003TL Does it say on powerschool that you got an E? It does on mine...I can't believe it...

clip_image004AS it said i got a D-.... what the heck?

clip_image004[1]AS maybe he just only put in the multiple choice, because mine is 30/50, and there were only 30 MC Q's, right?????

clip_image003[1]TL I thought the test was all multiple choice...was it? Mine is 25/50...

clip_image004[2]AS no, remember how there was the short answer part? well that has to be graded by the teacher...aka mr williams

clip_image005AM IKIKIK TIFFANY. I GOT A E.

clip_image004[3]AS really do NOT him right now.... but i still have an A!!!!!! :) ur jealous. hahaha

clip_image005[1]AM I HAVE A B!! UGH. I HAD AN 94!! I GOT A 55 ON THE TEST.
AND I STUDDIED.
AND THOUGHT I DID GOOD./

clip_image005[2]AM yeah annika thats probably what happened/

clip_image004[4]AS you got a 55? it was out of 50... i thought that you and tiffany would do better than me... me and my dumb little brain

clip_image005[3]AM I GOT AN E!!! omg, i felt i was gonna cry.
no the percentage was a 55

clip_image004[5]AS oh. my percentage was a 60..... really mad right now, and i feel the same way

clip_image005[4]AM ikikik, but im gonna check and see what number it wz

clip_image005[5]AM I GOT 27.5

clip_image005[6]AM wait i know what happend, he probably graded them by hand, (hence the .5) and he hasnt done the scan tron.
that or we are all insanley dumb.

clip_image004[6]AS not bad, i guessed on a lot of them

clip_image004[7]AS i think we are all insanely dumb. hahaha JK!!!

clip_image005[7]AM theres no way, we all got d's and e's.
its gotta be a mistake.... you 2 are the smartest in the class soo.

clip_image004[8]AS me? no way! tiffany is really smart though.. i don't want new seats cuz whenever i have a problem i turn aro d and ask her about it.

clip_image005[8]AM HAHAHAHAH ME OTO!

clip_image003[2]TL Really? I'm that helpful? I still got the worst grade out of the three of us. :P

clip_image005[9]AM tiifff.
i have an e too :)

clip_image004[9]AS so? you always help me, and maybe we both fl ked the other part, and you aced it.

clip_image003[3]TL Maybe. but I have a sinking feeling about that...I don't remember that there was a part that wasn't multiple choice.

clip_image005[10]AM it was the back page...

clip_image004[10]AS uh oh..... there were quite a few of them..... i myself had to look for the because he didn't really say where they were

clip_image005[11]AM tiffany. do u remember the electronic configurations? 1s2, 2s2........

clip_image004[11]AS or looking at the periodic table to find facts about certain elements?

clip_image004[12]AS or drawing atoms?

clip_image005[12]AM yeah.

clip_image005[13]AM ions and stuff

clip_image004[13]AS tow of the questions were really long, they had parts e and f on them

clip_image003[4]TL Oh no...I don't remember seeing any of those on the quiz!! Was I missing a page or something?! I'm going to freak out.

clip_image001[1]RP HAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!! You all got E's on your tests!! You make me feel so smart. I've never gotten an E on a test! :D

clip_image006KH I feel your pain, I got a C-, I'm not sure how that's possible but I'm hoping that he just hasn't graded everything yet

clip_image006[1]KH Ravi, laugh while you can, what's your grade in that class right now?

clip_image001[2]RP I take Chapman and I have a C-.....but thats okay because Chappy is a MEANIE.

clip_image003[5]TL It's looking bleak right now. I only have a B+. But really, if I fouled it up I think I did, this is the worst test grade in my school history.

clip_image005[14]AM im so frighteneddd

clip_image007CJ it says i got a 12.5/50

clip_image005[15]AM chevelleeee..... we aall got at least 25s :P)

clip_image006[2]KH was the Scantron broken when he graded our tests?

clip_image005[16]AM yeah probably.

clip_image005[17]AM hes so screwed for quarter grade.ssss

clip_image003[6]TL If he doesn't fix it, let's gang up or something.

clip_image005[18]AM YES.

clip_image006[3]KH Seriously though, this better have been a mistake. I can't believe that no one got a C or higher. Imagine what the principal would think if she saw that the average score for the test was a D-

clip_image005[19]AM YES IKIKIK!! FIRED!!! :))

clip_image004[14]AS hahaha a better teacher at last!!!!

clip_image005[20]AM omg. annika. yessss

clip_image004[15]AS remember when he said that there was a really bad acne medication that he used and people died from it? i said to tiffany "too bad... JK"

clip_image005[21]AM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAA :)