Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tennis – States: The Videos

 

Realized today we’ve had quite a run of Kevin-posts.  This is probably the second to last Tennis post (I’m thinking there will be one more if my guess about post-season awards is right…), but, we’re two weeks away from the airing of the first quizbusters episode and the the taping of the second episode.  A remarkable run…he’ll fade back to obscurity soon enough!

Anyway, the video of Kevin and Ross at States has uploaded.  You can click on any of the pictures and navigate to the site and watch all of the first match against Carlson and the first set and a little more of the semifinal against Seaholm.  I’ve added direct links to four games from the Carlson match as well….

New Picture (9)

(First game of the first set.  Carlson serving.   The picture is from the last point of the game….and it’s never a good thing when both players are running backwards to get a ball that has bounced in.  Kevin describes what happens next as skill, I describe it as luck.  Especially where the ball landed on the Carlson side…)

New Picture (10)

(Last game of the first set; we’re leading 5-3…)

New Picture (11)

(First game of the second set.  Kevin serving.  If you want to see ugly double-faulting serves there are plenty of other examples to go look at.  Does pretty well here and also hits a lot of pretty decent returns)

New Picture (12)

(I think I messed up my naming convention….usually I put the score as the game starts in the title of the video clip, but, think I got confused in the second set.  Oh well.  If I’m right, we are up 4-1.  Kevin is serving again)