Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Jersey – Day 3

 

The biggest news here is that I switched hotels…..I’ll be at the Courtyard in Red Bank for the foreseeable future.

The room is not as spacious as the Residence Inn.  No full kitchen.  But, I was hoping for a few things and this hotel has them:

1)  Fast Internet:  The hotel actually has two tiers, free, and then faster….which you have to pay for.  But since I’m gold status with Marriott I don’t have to pay for it…and it’s way way faster than the RI I was at.  This is good, because it means that Operation Dropbox will work to perfection.

Dropbox is an application for your computer/phone/whatever.  Basically, Kevin (or anyone I designate) can upload files into a directory on his computer and then once they upload to the internet they will automatically download to my computer.  The Kinawa orchestra concert tonight…I’d be the first song for the 5th graders started at 7:05 pm……at 8:46 pm I was watching that video here.  Pretty sweet!

2)  Fridge:  The room has it. 

3)  Climate Control:  The fan, when it runs, is not terribly noisy.

The hotel is also offering free breakfast to FEMA workers.  Since I fit that definition, that’s a nice little bonus as well.

Not much else to report from the front; definitely a slow start at the FEMA field office….