Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

 

Oh, the whining about when we could open presents on Christmas Eve….it was deafening!  But the plan was, watch Home Alone (yeah, some families watch Miracle on 34th Street or It’s A Wonderful Life…we watch Home Alone.  At least it’s not Silence of the Lambs!) and then open the family presents.

Lighting wasn’t the greatest for pictures…..if I used the flash they were too bright, and settled for too dark.  Oh well.

2012-12-XmasCpher01

This boy with the Angry Birds pants had a good day; fleshed out his Skylanders collection with a few Giants (a post on Skylanders is coming soon)

2012-12-XmasCpher02

The big present for Fric and for Frac were new laptops…..they had been using whatever hand-me-downs that I could configure and keep running.  One surprise, and it really shouldn’t have been, is that both laptops are on Windows 8….my work computer is on 7, Suzanne is in Mac-land, so, I had to spend some time figuring out what was located where to configure the computers……

For the curious, the man in the pictures is Suzanne’s Uncle Greg (Gaye’s younger brother). 

2012-12-XmasKevin01

This boy went retro this Christmas.  Asked for and received a turntable of all things….at least he can convert the music off of that to MP3’s…..

You can see he’s holding a cheese box…inside the box is a gift certificate for tickets to Yes.  I’ve never been to see Yes!  But he’s obsessed, and just doesn’t care that Jon Anderson isn’t with the band anymore.  I’ll go along with him and his friends as well…..

2012-12-XmasKevin02

Also received some new headphones……

2012-12-XmasMatthew01

This picture does not convey the excitement that this boy showed all night long; just crazy excited for almost everything.  He asked for a bunch of Nike/sports gear, and he got a lot of it…including this neon yellow sweatshirt.

2012-12-XmasMom01

Suzanne received more than a few charms for her bracelet, including a soccer ball charm from Matthew…..

2012-12-XmasMom02

…some dark chocolate pretzels from Kevin (you can see Matthew’s laptop in the foreground)

2012-12-MomNikki

Cpher knew what he wanted to get Mom….he dragged me out on Black Friday to get it!  Insistent on this gift, there would be on talking him out of it….

2012-12-MomNikki2

Nikki Minaj Perfume!  Look how happy Mom is!

(I don’t think the Eau de Nikki is too objectionable…..I will have to take a better picture of the bottle it came in though!)

I understand that Cpher left a note for Mom last week in the morning before she went back to work, “Please wear me today” with the bottle conveniently positioned on the note….

2012-12-XmasBoysMaddie

Fric, Frac, and Maddie watching what I’m guess is some show on Nick and checking out the new laptops…..

What did Santa bring for me?  Well, I’ll be writing more about the big gift, a snow blower (how much that is for me and how much is for the family that has to deal with the snow is a good question…..).  I also asked for a new waterproof camera in anticipation of Hawaii 2013, and received that.

Mom and I also received this book….I scanned in a few of the more original-thought pages….

2012-12-CpherXmasBook012012-12-CpherXmasBook02

2012-12-CpherXmasBook032012-12-CpherXmasBook04

2012-12-CpherXmasBook05