Monday, December 16, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Aside from the Dolphins beating the Steelers, making a perfectly good weekend go south (oh Antonio Brown, just a few more inches!), another event put the exclamation point on the weekend of football a week ago.

New Picture (14)    

Suzanne won the weekly pot in ‘our’ football pool.  Never mind the monetary goodness ($125)….it’s the bragging rights around the house that mean a whole lot more!  Suzanne did so well that she wrapped this up Sunday night….Monday night’s game didn’t matter.

Grumble grumble grumble.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!

I’m not one to take this kind of nonsense lying down.  Head back to my laboratory…consult the oracles.  And make my picks.  Start off with the upset on Thursday night…ride those Chargers to a victory while everyone else in the pool loses major points on the Broncos.   Do ok, not great, on Sunday…..there are a lot of upsets and I do about as well as anyone…I’m still in the hunt going into Sunday night.

I’m one of the few…I have the ‘Stillers’….and I have some pretty decent points on them.  They win, and the path to the win (and redemption!) is clear….I’ve picked the Ravens…all of the other contenders for the weekly prize have the Lions.  And the Lions do what the Lions are prone to doing….lose.

New Picture (15)

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!