Monday, December 2, 2013

Quizbusters – Championship Rounds

Pre-Game:  It all comes down to tonight……the quest for the back-to-back championships comes to a conclusion.

image

Post-Game:  Will do a much longer post on the events of the evening later (Kevin’s first car accident!  On the way to Quizbusters!  …he is ok.)  when I get more of the pictures (of the matches, not the wreck….I have that!)

Green Division Championship:  Beat Saline 440-300.  When I finally got to see part of the game after dealing with wreck aftermath (about 1/3 of the way through) it was close…only up 60 points and at one point in the 2nd half they were only up 30 points.  But, I understand they led all they way and pulled away in the end.

Grand Championship: Beat White Cloud 450-180.  We watched the White Division Championship from the other studio and the team had a healthy bit of respect for them; were impressed by White Cloud’s one televised game (so far) and the win here.  Buzzed in early and often.

But the team really put it to them…..I think they won every toss-up except the last one, and by then it was all but over.  Just never really gave White Cloud a chance (I think the first 10 and the pop quizzes were mostly even….my recollection is we did better in the lightning round to end the game…but it was over by then).