Sunday, March 1, 2009

The weekend of waste

....I can't even begin to describe the flight home from Dayton Thursday night....let's just leave it that Northwest only got me part of the way home and I arrived here at 1:15 am.  This could be the subject of a longer post....if I ever feel like reliving those events.   Maybe when Northwest responds to my 'rant' at them.....

Friday, I'm at home, with the beginnings of a cold, and the school calls, Christopher is complaining of stomach pains.  We talk, he agrees to try and tough it out, I do some more work, and an hour later I get another call...he's requesting evac.  Send in the black helicopters.....

This event began the lost weekend.   Christopher throws up all day Friday and all-day Saturday (with one very odd 4 hour break of normalcy Saturday morning).  Dad's cold coalesces into a whopper of a head cold the likes of which I haven't seen in a while and I do my level best to sleep the weekend away.   Christopher does his level best to sleep Sunday away.  Only tonight, around 8:30 pm, does Christopher finally show signs of life that make us think he'll be able to go to school tomorrow.

And, for all of that, it was still an interesting weekend.  Kevin and I attended the Okemos spaghetti dinner, the annual fundraiser for the music program.  Suzanne and I, even with the big guy down for the count, went to our previously scheduled Wharton Center outing and saw "Spring Awakening" (quick review:  Suzanne liked it a lot more than Scott did).  And we found out that our long-discussed-but-can't-really-believe-it-will-happen plans for Hawaii in Christmas 2009 became a lot closer to reality with the news that we were able to trade our timeshare for a week in Hawaii from 01/01 to 01/08/2010.