Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sneak Preview

Our soccer year-end party is next Sunday; we’re getting the boys trophies and we are also giving them certificates.

Had the idea to ‘theme’ the certificates using super-heroes.  Here are Matthew’s and Christopher’s.  Don’t tell them!

New Picture (24)

It was pretty easy to match a super hero up with Matthew….

New Picture (25) I was stumped on Christopher for a long time though….my first thought was the Hulk, but, had reservations about picking something that just emphasized his size (ended up using the Hulk for the kid on our team who kicks the ball the hardest).  I asked Christopher which hero he thought he played soccer like and he said “Wonder Woman”…..and that’s a pretty good statement on his part, she uses her bracelets to block things, and he uses his body to block things.  But, just couldn’t see giving him a certificate with Wonder Woman on it with a bunch of boys around.  His suggestion did make me think of Captain America, who uses his shield to block things, so, that’s where we ended up.

For the curious, I used Batman, Green Lantern, Dash (from the “Incredibles”…could have been the Flash I guess), Spider Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Shrek, and Thor for the rest of the team.  Don’t know why, but, I didn’t feel comfortable using Superman…..