Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Music and Sports

Kevin's Spring Concert was Tuesday night. 6 or 7 songs below, warning, 3 are repeats from last week's posting. the first song is the one where some students learned a harmony; you can see Kevin's one of the ones that took that option.



Sports Update: Kevin's lacrosse team lost on Monday; he played well, had some quality possessions and was more aggressive in defending.

Baseball has started; Matthew can't play yet, the team is only 1st grades and 2nd graders and my appeal to have him play wasn't successful (if I coached, ok, but, I didn't want to coach.) But, there aren't enough parent volunteers, so, like t-ball, I'll be out there almost all of the time anyway.

Long story short, Matthew, Christopher, and I show up at practice. Baseball at this level starts with a pitching machine; Christopher gets up there and takes his swings, and unlike many 1st graders, makes contact on pitch 9 of 10 and runs up to first base.

Matthew's out in the field with me, and the coach lets him hit last. Pitch 2 Matthew makes contact, fouls it off; pitch 4, Matthew punches one up the middle for the base hit. Sadly, my change in coaching 'status' is too late to get him on the roster, but, he'll get to practice.

Soccer tonight (took Mother's day off, today was the make up). Matthew and Christopher both score as we won.