Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday

A whole lot of randomness

  • No word from Blue Lake; Suzanne and I are going to make a rule....from now on, if you're going to camp, you have to put at least a postcard in the mail to home before the end of Day 2, or, no more camps. At least for Mystic Lake, they sent an email every day and posted a bunch of photos, here, nothing, nada, zip. I trust that we'll get *something* before the end of the week so we know what time to show up for the concerts...
  • Took the boys on a 3-mile walk yesterday down to the High School; of course, Matthew wipes out on the way there and re-bloody-ies the left knee. Sigh.
  • Highlight of the walk was a turtle rescue; as we're walking along we see this rather large turtle crossing the road.....I'm nominated to go out and make sure he gets across. Of course, I pick him up, and he starts hissing and squirming, and I drop him. Try and pick him up again, more hissing and turning trying to get at me, etc. Finally get the sucker and move him across the road. Why did the turtle cross the road? To get to the pond on the other side.....
  • Looks like I'm going to be doing more work at Selfridge...the gift that keeps on giving, I guess. Seems like the landfill project will extend into 2009, and it looks like I'm going to be involved in the cleanup of the former Explosive Ordinance Demolition range (the 'remedy' for that....very similar to the remedy for a landfill, cap it and go).
  • Boys are at another day camp this week; this is the 4th different camp, and without fail, they've been unanimous in complaining that they haven't liked each of them. In hindsight, they've said they'd be happy going back to soccer, and while they haven't been overwhelming with praise for the Y-camp, Pawapi, they have been singing the camp songs constantly since the camp end (kind of cute, I remember Kevin singing these same songs...). But all of the complaints are getting old...