Sunday, August 23, 2009

39,832

that’s the number of songs that currently exist in my Itunes library after the neighbor up the street and I began a music swap.

My usual modus operandi is to rotate 4 to 5 gigs of music on and off of my Iphone.  I let Itunes choose this music randomly, in 100 song increments, by using the Itunes DJ function.

So, it was quite surprising to be sitting in the kitchen with Suzanne, Grandma, and Gramps, and have a song come on and have Gramps go “Wait, is that Manhattan Spiritual?  I’ve been looking for that song for years!”

There’s a 0.0025% a chance of that song coming up at any given moment on my Iphone.  Manhattan Spiritual’s one of the songs I absorbed only last week (not quite sure how the guy had it, but, he had the Billboard Hot 100 singles for each year from 1950 through 2005). 

Guess Frank’s out of luck on the lottery for a while……