Saturday, August 29, 2009

Slow week

Nothing much to report around here. 

  • Had two 2-day trips to Columbus, OH and Charleston, WV, so, missed most of the week at home.  Early reports are that everyone survived without me.
  • My one full day home (Wed.) I took the afternoon off to go golfing with Kevin…..we both stink, but combined for a few bogeys and had a good time.
  • Kevin was awesome at track club on Tuesday; hit the times he had been shooting for in the mile repeats….really really really hope this pays off for him and shows up when the cross country meets begin in a few weeks
  • Kevin is obsessed with knowing who his homeroom teacher is……a constant annoying question in the background of everything.
  • Soccer practice began last week…first game is Sept. 10.  Really nice to be involved with a bunch of boys who really want to play and do well.
  • Pleasant surprise recently; Wiley reacting better to my early morning departures for trips.  Used to be he would get up with me and then be a whiny annoying dog from 5 am on…(I left at 4:30 am on Monday for Columbus).   Now, he gets up with me, but, goes back to sleep until the rest of the family gets up.  Life is good all around.

Football season is here soon.  Matthew can’t hardly wait!