Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Five Hundred

“But I would blog 500 posts

And I would blog 500 more

Just to be the man who blogged 1000 posts”

Two and a half years ago I started; had a song of the day and book of the day in that first post….features I think I never did again. Mused to the internet gods whether I would find the time to add to the blog. Guess I did. If you total up all of the numbers in the column in the right over there, this is #500 (Blogger actually gives me credit for 505….there are 5 posts I started but never finished and posted.)



The blog has a small, but rabid, following, ranging from Ohio to Atlanta to Florida to Lansing. Have had some visitors wander in, but, they see what they want and don’t come back repeatedly. I could make more of a big deal about it (I have a friend on facebook who posts an update there every time he updates, I don’t do that, but, then again, he doesn’t write about his family like I do….) but it is probably best the way it is...a small hidden corner of the internet.


Guess I should do this once every 500 posts....so, here you go:



Song of the day: Two of them… Do Wah Diddy – Manfred Mann….was on the 60’s station as I drove Kevin home from Mason and he enjoyed singing along to it. Also finally cleaned up the Mom’s music collection to the point that I could import it into Itunes, so, listened to Survivors by John Stewart….



Book of the day: Deadhouse Gates – Steven Erikson…..I’ve read this book at least 4 times already and am slowly making my way back into and through Malazan world to work towards reading the new books I have acquired recently.