Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The truth is unbelievable sometimes

Today, and for the rest of the week, the book fair is open at the school in conjunction with parent/teacher conferences.  The boys asked for, and received some, money to buy a few things during the day when the classes went down to check things out.

Matthew, when I saw him at lunchtime, gave me $1 in change with very specific instructions to give it back to Mom.  I did so, and life was good.

Sometime later, Mom decides to ask Christopher if he had any change.  “$1.03” Christopher says.  Well, where is it?  “I deposited in my lunch account”.  Mom and Dad immediately start chuckling; I tell Christopher that he came up with a pretty good story right off the bat, but, this one isn’t going to cut it, we can go online and check the balance.  He’s laughing and says, go ahead, do it.  Mom starts threatening to do it….He laughs, he jokes, but doesn’t change his story.

Mom picks up the computer and begins to log-in to the system. 

New Picture (5)

Never in a million years would have guessed that a) that’s what he would do with his change and b) that the “lunch lady” would take his $1.03 and apply it to his account!  Suzanne goes to show me this and I tell her she’s lying….just can’t believe it happened.

For the curious, Friday’s extra entree was an extra slice of pizza on Domino’s Day, and the treat on Thursday was a sugar cookie “…they are yummy because they have sprinkles and frosting”