Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break Day 7 – Waiohai

 

Last full day on Kauai and we spent almost all of it at the resort.  Headed back out to the beach in the morning for more snorkeling….

2013-04-02-Fish

2013-04-02-Fish02

2013-04-02-Fish03

I went out further than I’ve ever gone from the shore this time…there were a lot of surfboarders out there and I figured if I got into trouble that they’d be able to help.  Not a lot of sun, and really, not a whole lot of different fish.  Some bigger fish of the same variety, but, not different. No turtles either….

2013-04-02-Paddle01

The other reason I went out further is that I knew I would have a little buddy that I could ask for help too…..Matthew rented a paddleboard for an hour today.  He and I both went past those rocks you see in the background back there….

2013-04-02-Paddle02

I think Matthew is either purposely trying to fall here or trying out some different things to see just what he can do without falling.  Seemed to have a really good time.

2013-04-02-FoodTruck01

We passed this truck everyday driving in and out of Poipu so today was the day to drive up here for lunch (just Mom and Dad, boys content with leftovers at the hotel)

2013-04-02-FoodTruck02

Have I mentioned the chickens?  maybe not.  They are everywhere.  Brought to the island by Polynesians way back when as a food source, no natural predators, and man, they are EVERY WHERE.  I’m on Maui as I type this and I’ve actually found myself going wow, I haven’t seen a chicken on the side of the road in days!

2013-04-02-FoodTruck03

I had the Pulled Pork Loco Moco; rice, gravy, pulled pork, corn, with eggs.  Good, but bland.

2013-04-02-FoodTruck04

Suzanne has the teriyaki chicken.  Good, but not enough chicken to satisfy….

Spent the rest of the day poolside, doing some shopping (think I will also have to do a post on Spring Break T-shirts), going out to dinner (first time on Kauai I think…that’s not a good thing or a bad thing) and packing (a definite bad thing).