Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Matthew Art 2009

The end of the year art show has arrived.  Comments from the artist below in quotes.

2009-05-matthewart1 

This football field was the cover of the big envelope that Matthew brought his art home in

 2009-05-Matthewart9

“First you have this little tiny stamp, then you dip some white paint on this, then you have a big one, a medium one, and a little one.”

2009-05-Matthewart8

“A lizard. I painted it, I did designs with it, and I put cool stuff on it.  I made the tail, wrapped up like a yo-yo”

2009-05-Matthewart7

“It’s a scarecrow and you get to choose stuff out of the scrap box to make the legs, pants, and shirts.  I made scratches with itsy bitsy teeny weenie squares.”

2009-05-Matthewart9a

“An apple basket.  First you cut out the apples, then you paint them, then you make the basket then you have the tire wheels of a car and you rub that all over the paper and then you put two oranges on the outside and one in the middle”

2009-05-Matthewart6 

“I made a robot. I had a lot of cool designs.  I made a work robot with a laser on top with a wrench, screwdriver, hammer, and a nailbox.  I cut with little tiny scissors that I used for the chest that I cutted it into two squares and then kind of a big square and then put the rest on the leg and I had a marker and I did stuff with it”

2009-05-matthewart2

“I made a sculpture of myself.  I made it exactly like my hair, and had skin color, blue shirt. You start with the head, and you put the ears where the middle is.  Then you draw your eyes and we had mirrors to see our faces to see what we looked like.”

2009-05-Matthewart3

“I made sunflowers in February with a lot of leaves, a vase, and three flowers”

2009-05-Matthewart4

“We were studying about insects, so, we had the ladybug as a project.  We made the ladybug on a stick, I counted the leafs and there were 64, and then I put the ladybugs on on”

2009-05-Matthewart5

“I made a turtle and I could color it with different colors.  First I made the shell, and the I made the feet, and then I made the head.  The feet were kind of tricky, one was small and one was big and it was hard to make them equal.”