Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Project Work

Figured I’d scan in the two projects that I spent a lot of time this fall working with Christopher on for school before they hit the trashcan…..

2010-12-CpherGraph

The fourth graders tracked the high and low temperatures for two weeks and then came home and had to create a graph.  Both of these assignments came with detailed rubrics (a term I can’t ever recall hearing while I was in school) and that made it pretty easy to make sure we had all of the required elements to get a good grade.  Despite my best efforts, you can see the white out where Cpher got a little confused on the spacing for the text.

I wonder how many kids had the break in the lines for the weekend; it took me a while to explain that concept to Cpher…..

 2010-12-CpherBookReport01 2010-12-CpherBookReport02

This is the front and back from the first book report;  Cpher had to create a book jacket.  You can see his artwork; all of the text on the front and sides was required straight out of the rubric (why the copyright date?….me no comprende).  At the end of the night I showed him some books that had reviews and quotes on them and we decided to make up our own for the back cover.