Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spring Break 2011

I would be remiss if I didn’t blog about the planning that’s gone into trying to figure out what the heck we are doing at the end of March and early April.  We’ve been trying to hammer this out since Christmas, and we still don’t have it resolved what exactly we are going to be up to.

What I do know:

1)  We are most likely going to be spending the better part of two weeks away

2)  One week will certainly be in Orlando

3)  Some part of the other week (or, the whole week) will be spent on a cruise.

(I started this post about 3 weeks ago….I guess I can finish it now!)

2011-01-MatthewArtCruise

(Matthew is ready for Spring Break!)

Plans, for the most part, are finalized now.  We’ll be heading to Florida on the weekend of Matthew’s Birthday; we’ll be stopping in Niceville for a day, heading to Orlando for 4 days (where we will definitely be doing the Harry Potter experience at Universal) and then heading over to Port Canaveral (where we’ll go to the Kennedy Space center) and then board the boat.

Boat?  Ship….big ship!

image

(The Carnival Dream)

I’m a little bit in the doghouse right now because I haven’t been ‘participating’ in Suzanne’s exhaustive research about different shore excursions (my excuse?  I’m really busy at work AND I have this black and gold distraction going on right now.  Check back in 3 weeks!).   We are touring the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Honduras, and Costa Maya) and we’re trying to figure out what to do where.  I know we’ll be doing a fair bit of snorkeling….stingrays and nurse sharks seem to be the big attractions so that will be pretty awesome.