Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring Soccer – Game 2

No pictures.  Kevin taped all of the game, I guarantee you’ll see none of it posted.

We lost 4-0.  I’m probably as depressed about this loss as I’ve been about any in all of my time coaching.  Figured the boys wouldn’t come out flat again after having done that last game and learned the hard lesson; completely wrong…we were down 2-0 again before the first group of subs could hit the field.  We were out-hustled, out-played, and certainly out-coached  I was at a complete loss at halftime….kids weren’t playing their positions, kids weren’t hustling, kids were making simple simple mistakes. 

Ugly.  ugly.  ugly.  

Fric and Frac played better than last game…..Matthew was the ball of energy that I’m used to seeing and had a few quality chances.  Christopher again suffered for being too big for this quick game and that led to a goal (to be fair, it’s hard to ask him, or anyone on our defense, to stop a 2-1, and he was in that position a few times).  Played better (and bigger) in the 2nd half than in the first.

Games Saturday and Sunday for this group….I was really looking forward to the game today and now I’m dreading the weekend.  Here’s hoping they can pull it together….