Monday, December 12, 2011

Vegas Day 4: Part Two – Cpher and Jordin

While Kevin was jumping off of buildings, Cpher and I headed to the Venetian for the kickoff of their “Winter in Venice” spectacular.  The highlight, for the Venetian, was the opening of their outdoor ice rink….the highlight, for Cpher, was having Jordin Sparks perform a mini-concert at 6 pm.

 2011-11-21-Venetian01

The ice rink…..Jordin performed on the podium in the middle.  We got in line at 5 pm and are standing here right up against the stone railing….there is nothing between us and the stage…..

I took video of the first Jordin song; Tattoo….I have no idea where that video went though….I’m sure I downloaded it but can’t find it anywhere.  I thought her performance was just fine….she had a sound track behind her but she didn’t just lip sync to her recording she did enough different things with her voice to make it interesting and stop me from writing her off as a no-talent hack.

The Venetian gets a thumbs down for the whole deal though…..they were late (Jordin didn’t start until 6:40, and the radio host announcers who they had talking to the crowd before the show were unbearable bad).  Sadly, Cpher came away less than thrilled with the long wait and Jordin’s performance (his favorite, is “Battlefield”…I was sure we weren’t going to hear that and was proven right).  We stopped by the Mirage volcano and watched that before collecting the car and picking up the daredevil to end the evening….

2011-11-21-Venetian02

The Venetian Christmas Tree