Thursday, April 16, 2009

Prepared Comments

Exercised my democratic rights to their fullest extent last night…..went and addressed the school board.  It’s 4+ hours of my life I’ll never get back, but, I had my say (twice!) and said what I wanted to say, and came away relatively pleased that it seemed that the school board understood the consequences of an overcrowded middle school.

But, I’ll be back there a week from Monday, since I firmly believe the Board has some form of ADD and forgets the important things when they start talking. 

In other news:

Soccer:  Spring Soccer is here; two games this weekend.  The 2nd grade team is going to be seriously short-handed; we went from 11 to 10 kids (even with adding Matthew) and we’re going to be missing 3 of them when we start.  One of the missing is Matthew, who has been invited to a birthday party at zap zone.  Christopher’s going to be one tired boy…..he’ll play all 4 quarters.

Track:  Kevin’s first track meet is Monday; we thought Kevin would be more successful in the longer distances, but, he’s ended up in the 800m.  I guess we’ll see how it turns out.

Tree House:  Going to try and get the decking and railing up this weekend.  Have decided on a rope ladder and a rock wall as the means for ingress into the structure; ordered the ladder, and will be building the rock wall.  Will try and get some pictures up this weekend.