Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wiley’s smarter than we think he is

Perhaps the highlight of the recent trip to Florida was getting a call from Suzanne on Monday.

Suzanne:  “Are you playing a trick on me?”

“No……”

“Well, I just got home and Wiley’s out of his crate and the latch is still locked! You don’t have someone coming over and letting him out?”

“No……wish I had thought of it though!”

So, this story repeats on Tuesday.  Don’t really know what’s going on, but, say if it keeps happening I’ll set up the video camera and tape him and figure it out.

Late last week was the first time I had to take him down, and, I leave, come back, and voila, springer spaniel is out and loose, and the latch is still done.  Time to go to the tape!

A word about the crate….the door has two latches, top and bottom.  I usually only do the top latch, and the boys are good about doing both.

On purpose, I left the bottom latch undone before taping begins….you’ll see about a minute of video, that’s about 9 minutes after we left.

So, both latches will be done in the future.  If he escapes again, well, it’ll be back to the drawing board.