Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring Break – Day 8: Cayman…not so much!

A common theme on this trip has been the high winds and how much the ship is moving….sitting out on the balcony on the journey northeast from Roatan to Cayman you could really see the whitecaps on the waves and the ship was really rocking (it was really hard for me and the boys to learn the “Thriller” dance on the big stage!  Thankfully, there is no video or pictures of THAT!).

Anyway, it was a disappointment, but, not much of a surprise, that our stop in Cayman was cancelled.  Cayman is a ‘tender’ port….you have to shuttle into the port on smaller boats instead of pulling up to the dock.  And the seas were too much for the smaller boats.

Oh well.  Sea Day #2 of the trip.  Not a whole lot going on today; I know Suzanne and I spent a lot of time on the balcony reading….

Oh, I LOST…LOST…the 80’s music trivia!   18 question, 1 point each for artist and song, and I lost by one.  Kills me….missed a Chaka Khan song….missed some other song that I had never heard of, and missed the title of a song that I knew instantly was Level 42 but they never played any lyrics and that was that.  The people that beat me knew the Chaka Khan song….ugh.

The pictures from the day come from the boys scavenger hunt….they had to go through the ship and take pictures of things and events…..

2014-04-10-Scavenger01     2014-04-10-Scavenger02

Matthew fake-playing at the piano bar (as a family, we spent a lot of time here this trip) and proposing(!) to one of the crew on the Lido Deck.

2014-04-10-Scavenger03     2014-04-10-Scavenger04

At the steakhouse and the waterslide. 

2014-04-10-Scavenger05    2014-04-10-Scavenger06

Running on the track and showing off something (jewelry?) at one of the ship stores…..