Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Iphone....

With all of the flying I've been doing, it had slowly become apparent to me that it was damned annoying to have to carry around my ipod and my phone, when, I had given Suzanne an Iphone for her birthday and could see how cool it was etc.....

But, the Iphone couldn't work with work, so, that was a problem.  So, I started looking around at the newer Blackberry's, the Bold, and the Storm.  And those would have been okay too, but, they wouldn't have sync'd up with Itunes very well, and that would have been annoying given how many podcasts I listen to now.

In December, work announced that they had reconfigured/updated their systems to work with the Iphone....and that was it, I was off to upgrade to the Iphone.

It's the best thing.......ever.

I never knew how many apps there were for it; that's been the thing I've learned since I've had the phone that's been the neatest.  There's an app that allows you to track live sports scores on the internet; it's pretty cool.  There's games games games; the variety is endless (and the boys love this feature...we're at the restaurant, and they clamor for the phones.  The ipod features are great....just sync'ing up with my podcasts and my slow but steady march to video podcasts.  We can Tivo stuff and convert it over to be seen on the Iphone.....just figured out how to do this yesterday in fact and will probably start Tivoing more in the belief that I'll get a chance to watch in on the Iphone eventually.

I've been, slowly, adding album cover art to my music library...it's been a pain in the ass matching up the stuff that Itunes hasn't been finding automatically, have to open up amazon.com, find the album, and update all the info for those songs.   So that's cool now, seeing the album artwork when I never cared about it before. 

And the price, and size, of portable hard drives has come way way down.....using some Christmas gift cardage I just ordered a hard drive (the one I've had for 6 years, at least, that I've stored my music on, is full...it was 80G and cost about $350 and is about 1/2 the size of my closed laptop....I just ordered a 320G for $90 and it's about the size of my Iphone.    So, I'll be able to carry my music (and video) around now.