Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday:  Kevin had his winter recital.  Kevin was going to do the fourth movement of the Telemann concerto that he's been working on, but, due to some miscommunication with the accompanist, he ended up doing the 2nd movement again.  I think this was a good thing, because, now I have a version of that movement on tape that isn't dreadful.

 

Saturday:  Boys had their first soccer game in a while, won 6-0.  Both boys played well; Christopher, I thought, really had a good game and did exactly what I wanted him to do, so, that was a good thing.  Matthew, I hear, scored a goal, but, I didn't see it (I think I was too busy tying shoes...oh well).

Finally got the plumbing connected on the sink, so, that's operational.  Need to make a tweak to the hot/cold supply lines (I did it exactly how the directions said, but, Suzanne would like to push the faucet backwards for hot, not forward, so, I'll have to make the switch).  Disposal is installed...plumbing is a little bit goofy, especially the drain from the dishwasher, so, I'm going to have to look at it a bit more in the coming weeks.

Sunday:  Most of today was lost to trying to get the basement ready for baseboard and casing installation; we've been trying to get the bulk of the painting done.  Ripped out the carpet on the stairs (20 years of dirt under that!...yuck).  Been painting the doors, etc.  We got our Christmas tree last weekend; finally started putting lights and ornaments on it this weekend.