Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bachelor Life Day 1

Suzanne and the boys took off for Toronto around 2 pm yesterday, and, after showing the letter I had to write allowing Suzanne to take our minor children out of the country, were allowed to cross the border and are having a good time.  I am having a hard time remembering the last time I was in the house without Suzanne overnight…

Kevin and I decided to bike to the mall for dinner.  That bike ride takes us up through the more heavily travelled parts of Okemos (we’ve never done it before) and it really wasn’t that bad…two street crossing and that was it.  Locked up the bikes, got a haircut (Dad), purchased an outfit from Aeropostale (Kevin), ate, headed back.

Was depressed/amazed to find out Kevin has his new mountain bike permanently set on the highest gear….I was always struggling to keep up with him!  It used to be (and I guess this must have been 5th or 6th grade) we’d hit the intersection of Okemos and Sower and I could race him back home and beat him….tried that last night and got stomped; it wasn’t close, I never had a chance. 

Spent some time last night moving the washing machine and dryer and beginning to retile the laundry room area….hope to make it though there today and begin some work in the bathroom.  Was stupid about it and blocked Wiley’s food and water behind the washing machine in the bathroom; had to send Kevin on a rescue mission this morning.