Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baseball – Game 1

The season is on….

Matthew:  They’ve changed the rules this year; you get 5 chances to hit and if you don’t make contact you get to hit off a tee.  Sadly, Matthew’s first at bat ended this way…I would rather he have walked back to the bench as an out.

He made very solid contact the next two times though, so, I will do my best to blot the tee out of my mind.  I’ve been unsuccessful at this so far.  He played well in the field, dang near threw a runner out at first from left field.

Christopher:  Missed this game as I was flying to St. Louis for a meeting (been a while since I felt the need to express my discontent to Delta…last night broke that streak).  Asked for and received text updates from the field.

Mom:                                                    Dad:

Cpher at first base

Scratch that.  2nd base

Like watching this kind of baseball with real pitching, strikes and balls and real umps.

Good!

Bottom of the first….no score.

Cpher walked

At least he didn’t need a tee

2nd at bat…grounder, force out at 3rd

Grounded out to the pitcher.

Hard or soft hits?

Medium