Thursday, June 3, 2010

The tall one

Track:  The season came to an end last week.  Kevin’s been running the mile and doing the high jump.  High jump isn’t ever going to be a strength and he was just doing it to try it…I think his high mark was 4’ 6” and he was pretty excited to hit that.  He lowered his mile time to about 5:44.

I guess the key thing to note is that a) he’s not incredibly serious about track and b) this is probably his last year running track….he’ll choose to do the musical at the high school next year.

El Presidente?:  Shockingly, Kevin came home a few weeks back and reported that he’s decided to run for student council president.  Not sure he has much of a chance; he rates himself the 2nd favorite.  I came up with a bunch of ‘ads’ for him; he summarily rejected them all and I may post some of them here just for the heck of it later on (one of the candidates for governor here is running on the “One Tough Nerd” promise….I may not agree with his politics but he’s definitely hitting right in my wheelhouse!  I was trying to get Kevin to go with this but he passed….)

Girls:  I won’t embarrass him here…..they exist, he’s a talkative guy around them, but don’t think we’ve advanced beyond the ‘talk’ stage.  I have audio of Kevin at a soccer game talking with a friend who is a girl that, mercifully for Kevin, I have not clipped out on it’s own.  Some may appear in the video I will upload shortly, but, it probably won’t match the three minute discussion about the end of the world….