Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tennis Update

Tuesday:  JV Meet @ East Lansing.  Kevin has successfully challenged and moved up to #3 singles, and this is his first match in that spot.  I got to see the last end of the first set and the 2nd set and the early parts of the 3rd.

Walked away more disgusted than anything else; not quite sure why he was going away from his good tennis form (that he’s been working on)…and then surprised to see him correct it later on.  When I ask him about this later I get an explanation that I won’t go into here but that I have told him I think is a bunch of baloney and no instructor would agree with.

His serve, at times, is very impressive.  But, in the end, he lost, 6-4, 2-6, 4-6.

Wednesday:  The #1 and #2 JV singles are moved up to varsity today, so, Kevin moved up to #1 singles for the trip to play the Haslett JV.  He played one super-set (to 8) and lost 8-6.  Don’t know much about this, didn’t see it, didn’t really talk with him about it, but, he did say that they were on serve until the very end.