Saturday, January 31, 2015

Winter Vacation – The Trivia

While we, as a family, are more prone to doing trivia on the cruise than other families…..being with Kevin takes this to a new level.  Because that is ALL that he wants to do…..

2015-01-Cruise01

But first, a close-up of one of the plates in the dining room.  I hadn’t noticed, but, Suzanne pointed out that they are kind of…..freaky…..with these Victorian-era people looking like ghosts on them……

 2015-01-Cruise02Trivia

This trivia was “TV Theme Songs”.  I did this with Kevin and we finished second….at one point I remembered what four we missed but I have no idea now what they were….

 2015-01-Cruise03Trivia

Classic Rock – we didn’t do as well here….I had to carry the bulk of the answers and there were multiple Black Sabbath – Ozzy Osbourne songs….who the heck would know that?

2015-01-Cruise04Trivia

Kevin was not happy with me because I would not do all of the trivia that he wanted to do….I wanted to do things like enjoy the sail away from the ports and relax and stuff like that.  He did Musicals by himself and I’m not sure I could have helped him out too much here…..

2015-01-Cruise05Trivia

Glee Covers – Kevin owned this category but we still finished second.  I was not much help at all…

 2015-01-Cruise06Trivia

#1 Songs – We got 39 out of 40…and finished second (again!).  I carried the mail here….only missed knowing that Breathe was by Faith Hill and the last six songs, because of technical difficulties, were only a few notes….I never heard the voice and finally puzzled out that it was Breathe but that was what caused us to lose.  Oh well.

 2015-01-Cruise07

Heading home.  A year ago I would have thought we never would visit that island to the left there but with the news this month I’m now wondering how long it will take for cruise ships to pull into Havana.  Because I would definitely want to do that!

The seas were really rough going through the Windward Passage…..the Captain said the next day they were 8 to 14 feet!  And the ship was really moving around……